Controversies in Orthopedic
Sports Medicine brings together more than 100 internationally distinguished
experts who present their views on pressing issues in the field.
The respected authorities share their insights and perspectives
in nine major subject areas, drawing from their extensive clinical
experience and research.
The reference examines an alternative
approach to the management of sports injuries and seeks to provoke
a dissemination of new ideas among readers.
Areas of focus include:
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries
- Other Ligamentous Injuries of the Knee
- Rehabilitation of Knee Ligamentous Injuries
- Patellofemoral Disorder
- Shoulder Impingement and Rotator Cuff Disease
- Shoulder Instability
- Wrist, Elbow, and Ankle Injuries
- Muscle and Achilles Tendon Injuries
- New Frontiers
Guest critiques providing
critical overall comments conclude each topic, and the closing
section explores the future direction of the field. The expansive
reference contains more than 300 helpful photographs and diagrams.
Controversies in Orthopedic Sports Medicine is an essential reference
for all orthopedic surgeons.