Admission & Graduation Requirement 報讀及畢業要求
- Fundamental level:
- Working in Health and Fitness/ Physical Education/ Sports Industry for at least 2 years. Or
- Study Exercise Science, Physical Education, Physiotherapy or Sports-related disciplines
- Must have completed fundamental level.
Graduation Requirement (Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate):
- Certification will only be endorsed after you acquire the Basic Life Support certificate or equivalent (CPR + AED certifications). Indeed, it is not necessary when apply for the course.
- Knowledge of BLS are essential for one to perform acute injury management. For those who are not holder of BLS certification, below are several local organizations providing BLS courses, you may join the course at your own cost.
- St John Ambulance: http://www.stjohn.org.hk/b5/firstaid.shtml
- Red Cross: https://training.redcross.org.hk/tms/en/firstAidTraining.jspx
Learning Outcome 課堂內容
• Anatomy and Kinesiology
• Assess injury of athletes
• Manage immediate injury on the field
• Recognize the criteria for return to sports
• Design re-conditioning training
• Design injury prevention exercise
You will also learn how to:
i) evaluate acute injury, offer suitable acute care and refer injured athletes to suitable personnel
ii) offer injury prevention fitness training to reduce the risk of getting injuried
iii) prepare athletes for their games and training in terms of tapping and massage
iv) design return to sport exercise training for injured athletes
This program aims to provide participants with the fundamental knowledge in sports medicine, sports injury management & prevention, which is accredited by Sports Medicine Australia. To become certified in providing definitive treatment for sports injury, one needs to be a registered physiotherapist, medical doctors, or other approved medical personnel. Effective from 13 Jun 2015, the two courses have changed their names to "Sports Trainer Course Fundamental Level / Advacned Level – Sports Injury Management & Prevention". This name change is being instituted is for convenient of the administration process. While our name is changing, our course structure and content will remain the same.